2018 Tournament Rules
All boat Captains must be a member in good standing with the Eastern Michigan Sportsman Association (EMSA) at the start time of tournament.
YOU CANNOT JOIN ON THE WATER.
The Captain can pick a 1st mate from his crew to represent him or her at the weigh-in. This person must also be a member in good standing prior start of the tournament. Captain will notify the Tournament Director of the person that will be that 1st mate.
2. A $25.00 entry fee must be paid before the start of the tournament weigh-in. If a Captain doesn’t pay after entering the tournament then that Captain will not be able to enter any other EMSA tournaments.
3. All tournaments will be pre-registration tournaments. Pre-registration can be done by mail, e-mail or phone call to the Tournament Director. Channel 68 is to be used for the start of all tournaments and to relay rule changes or information concerning the tournament.
4. ONLY the winning boat Captain must be a member of the EMSA prior to start of tournament to collect boat winnings. Prize money will be sent by mail after verifying Captains membership is in good standing. We encourage all boat crew’s to become members on their own to help us with the great fisheries that they just enjoyed. ( Note if the Captain is using a 1st mate to represent him or her then the Mate needs to be a member prior start of the tournament)
5. Points will be awarded as follows: 10 points per fish, 1 point per pound.
6. All fish must be 16 inches in length to be entered in the Salmon tournaments. Lake Trout size limits are determined by the Management Unit set by the Michigan DNR and EMSA. (The club suggests that fish less than 16 inches be returned to the water but it is not mandatory). Walleye is 15 inch/or legal size per our Walleye tournaments. See note 14a
7. You may use 2 lures per rod and reel, and a maximum of (9) rods per boat during a tournament.
8. All boats must stay within the peirheads or in the designated area and may not begin fishing (no lines in the water) until the Chairman calls the start of the tournament. The starting time will be announced at the Captain's Meeting along with the official VHF Channel to be monitored for tournament information and updates.
9. The tournament chairman shall announce the official time of the weigh-in of the contest on the designated VHF Channel picked at the Captains Meeting. Any Captain or 1st mate and cooler not present at this time shall be disqualified for the DAY, NO MORE than a one man limit of fish can be in the cooler at weigh-in or the line at weigh-in
10. All boats MUST depart from and return to BY WATER, the port where the tournament is being held.
11. All boats are subject to inspection prior to start of tournament. If any boat has fish aboard prior to start of tournament the fish must be marked and the tournament chairman must be notified for inspection of those fish before the start of the Captains meeting or 45 minutes prior to the start time of a pre-registration tournament.
12. Each boat is allowed to catch their daily limit of fish according to the rules set by the Michigan DNR. NO CULLING OF ANY KIND ALLOWED… (Culling? a legal fish for the tournament being released to catch a bigger fish)… 2 people on boat = 2 man limit, 3 people on boat = 3 man limit, and so on….)
13. Boat crews will be allowed to weigh in their best 5 (five) fish at the weigh-in. Any payout for Big Fish must be part of the 5 (five) that is weighed-in (note: only 5 fish can be at the weigh-in per boat) (one person limit) After official weigh-in is done any fish that need to be weighed for Big Fish of the year will be done separate
14. If a boat has caught more than 5 fish, see note 14a …it is the Captain’s responsibility to sort through his/her catch and pick the best 5 fish for weigh-in. It’s the Captain’s responsibility to determine the species of each fish weighed in from his/her cooler. This must be done before the cooler is brought to the line at the weigh-in. Any person’s cooler that contains more than 5 (one person limit) of fish will give up the biggest fish until only 4 fish remain and only those 4 fish will be weighed-in.
14a , Walleye will be best (One Man Limit) fish must be 15 inches or bigger. You may return any fish under 15 inches back to the water and (they will not count as sorting fish).
15. If you experience boat problems, you must notify the tournament chairman or another tournament boat. The Tournament Chairman needs to be notified if you leave the water for any reason.
16. If you feel that present or impending weather conditions pose a threat to you or your crew, your entry fee will be reimbursed to you prior to the START OF THE TOURNAMENT. If during the tournament you deem it unsafe to continue fishing, you MUST RELAY THIS TO THE CHAIRMAN AND RETURN TO PORT.
17. The tournament is valid if one or more LEGAL FISH are weighed in. Otherwise all entry fees will be returned.
18. Fishing inside the pier heads and within rivers where the river bottom is dredged for freighter traffic is allowed.
19. It is the Captain's responsibility to make sure that all fish are free from foreign material, such as ice or water. Any questionable fish will be disqualified by a selected committee.
20. ALL VIOLATIONS OF STATE OR CLUB RULES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF THE PARTICIPANTS.
21. Any protests or complaints must be made before final results are posted or announced.
22. A copy of these rules will be made available to all participants.
23. ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE TOURNAMENT CHAIRMAN OR TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE ARE FINAL.
24. The "Tournament Committee" may comprise of any number of the EMSA Board of Director's Members present or whatever number of Directors the Tournament Chairman sees fit to come to a conclusion.
PRIZE AND SPECIAL AWARDS
1. Prize money will be awarded as follows: 1st =34% or $100.00, 2nd=25% or $75.00, 3rd=12% or $35.00, 4th=12% or $35.00, 5th=8.5% or $25.00, 6th=8.5% or $25.00. All entry fees will be returned 100% in the form of prize money. Pay out places have changed as in: 2 to 3 boats (1 pay out), 4 to 5 boats (2 pay outs), 6 to 8 boats (3 payouts) 9 to 10 boats (4 payouts), 11 or more we will payout 6 places. 15 boats and more we will payout percentage
There is now a minimum payout of each place 1st to 6th.
34% or $100.00
25% or $75.00
12% or $50.00
12% or $45.00
8.5% or $35.00
8.5% or $25.00
2. A $50.00 prize sponsored by the Club will be awarded to those who catch the largest fish in each of the following categories: Steelhead, Brown Trout, Lake Trout, Coho, and Chinook (King) Salmon, Atlantic Salmon, Pink Salmon, and must be one of the 5 (one person limit) fish weighed-in for the tournament.
2018 Tournament Schedule
|Saginaw River (Z Bridge)||5/12/18|
|Linwood||6/2/18||Greg Gumbrecht||7am Capt. Meeting|
|Sebawaing||6/16/18||Randy Bailey||7am Capt. Meeting|
|Linwood (Big Bob)||7/7/18||Randy Bailey||7am Capt. Meeting|